Italian Beef Sandwich
One of Luke Anthony's favorite comfort foods, this sandwich originated in the city of Chicago on old Earth in the twentieth century.
Planet of Origin: Earth
Recipe type: Sandwich
- 14oz Roast Beef, thinly sliced
- 1 lg Green bell pepper cut into ½ x 1 slices
- 4 cups Beef broth
- 1 Tbs Italian seasonings
- 1 Tbs Crushed garlic
- ⅕ Tsp Onion powder
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 8 dashes Worcestershire
- ½ Tbs Oregano
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- Crusty Italian bread/rolls
- Combine all but the beef and peppers in a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Add beef and peppers and simmer for 45 minutes to 2 hours. Slice bread lengthwise and carefully sliced side in juice, stuff with beef and peppers. Eat.
- Often eaten with French Fries.
- While all ingredients are important a good bread or roll is essential.