An excellent and easy dish first tasted on Aegus II. This was not originally a chicken dish, the recipe has been converted to Earth available ingredients so our Earth bound friends can enjoy it.
Author: Luke Anthony
Planet of Origin: Aegus II
Recipe type: Entree
- Chicken (whole roaster) 5 – 7 pounds
- Garlic (mashed) 3 or 4 cloves
- Olive Oil (extra virgin, cold press)
- Lemon 2 medium
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Clean chicken well, removing all extras from the body cavity. Coat with Olive Oil, ensuring the entire surface is covered. Rub surface with garlic. Sprinkle generously with oregano. Squeeze lemon juice over entire surface and place remains of lemon into body cavity.
- Place chicken on a wire rack in a roasting pan with a quarter to a half inch of water. Roast chicken until skin is golden brown and thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 180°F, about 1 hour 20 minutes.